The Third Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, it was conducted in swahili.The Conference was held at Mlimani City Conference Centre, Dar es Salaam on 21-22, October 2014
MADA KUU: "Maendeleo ya Sekta ya Mafuta na Gesi asilia nchini kwa manufaa ya Mtanzania"
• Utafutaji, Uchimbaji, Uendelezaji na Utumiaji wa Mafuta na Gesi Asilia
• Mnyororo wa Kuongeza Thamani Kuanzia kwenye Utafutaji, Uzalishaji, Usafirishaji na Utumiaji wa mafuta na Gesi Asilia na Uhusiano wake na Sekta nyingine za Uchumi.
• Sheria, Sera, Kanuni na Miongozo ya Utafutaji, Uchimbaji, Uendelezaji na Utumiaji wa Mafuta na Gesi Asilia.
• Ushiriki wa Sekta Binafsi na Watanzania kwa ujumla wao katika Utafutaji, Uendelezaji na Utumiaji wa Mafuta na gesi Asilia
• Local Content Sera, Mwelekeo na Faida kwa Mtanzania Kulingana na Malengo ya Maendeleo ya Taifa
The Second Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, held at The Mwalimu Nyerere International Convention Centre, 23-24 October, 2013
"Towards Growth of the Oil and Gas Industry”
The event was marked by a plenary sessions, paper presentations, poster sessions and exhibitions.
Profile and Objectives of the Conference
Being the second event in a tandem of such similar annual events, in Tanzania, the conference will focus on the Oil and Gas Sub-Sector. The main objective of the event is to avail a platform for stakeholders to share their practices and experiences in, and to disseminate information to the wider public on the Oil and Gas industry in Tanzania and worldwide.
Specifically the Conference seek to:
(a) Create a forum for stakeholder to deliberate and influence the status, prospects and development of the industry;
(b) Benchmark the local institutional, policy, legal and regulation framework guiding the oil and gas sector;
(c) Disseminate information and promote awareness of the potential of the oil and gas in the development of Tanzania.
Conference Thematic Priorities
1. Challenges and prospects of oil and gas industry
2. Developing and harnessing oil and gas potentials
3. Sustainable Exploitation and Utilization of oil and gas
4. Institutional, policy, legal and regulation framework
5. Technology issues (upstream, midstream and downstream)
6. Capacity building
7. Environmental and safety issues
8. Awareness raising
9. Business, taxation and Finance
Download 2013 Conference Proceedings here
The First Oil and Gas conference and Exhibition, held at Mlimani City Conference Centre, Dar es Salaam on 18-19, October 2012
Conference Theme “Exposing the Potential and Prospect of Oil and Gas Industry on Tanzania’s Development”
• Creating a forum for stakeholder to deliberate and influence the status, prospects and development of the oil and gas industry;
• To benchmark the policy, legal, regulation and institutional framework guiding the oil and gas sector;
• Promoting awareness of the potential of the oil and gas in the development of Tanzania.
• Status, prospects and development of the oil and gas industry:
• Benchmarking the local institutional, policy, legal and regulation framework:
1) Institutions, Policy, Acts, Regulations and Guidelines;
2) Technology issues (reservoir evaluation, drilling, transport, processing, etc.);
3) Applications/downstream (electricity generation, petro-chemicals, transport/CNG, motive power, marketing and trade, etc.);
4) Capacity building (local content participation, infrastructure development, training, research, etc.)
5) Environment (pollution, environmental equity, monitoring, remediation, etc.)
• Awareness raising:
1) Status of development of industry (achievements, lessons learned, missed opportunities, etc.);
2) Oil and gas potential;
3) Information dissemination, communication and education.